Essentially this is it
- A crowdfunding campaign for a travel that would bring me to New York and Boston for 10-12 days, during the first two weeks of August, 2017! Here, I will meet some of the most original researchers and creative minds to discover the most recent interactions between art and science.
My questions, always too many
- Can scientific concepts and results be at the same time rigorous and appealing?
- Research activities that involve also citizens, termed as citizen science, have already been proposed and organized. Can they produce significant and reliable results?
- If 1. is yes, is then 2. more likely yes as well?
During the travel
- Visit some organizations and academic institutions that are very prolific in artistic or scientific research. A few examples:
– SciArt Center, in many ways fosters collaborations between artists and scientists.
– MIT Media Lab, the most famous academic institution in this field, is a monument to creativity.
– Sprout & co. offers citizens of all ages new interactions with science.
– Boslab works to make access to science and biotechnologies more open to the community.
- Meet scientists and artists in person, inside their offices, ateliers, or simply sat down in a coffee shop. I’ll start friendly , curious to learn more about their passion and their creative processes.
- Produce recordings of the dialogs. I strongly believe that sharing contents freely is a great way to enhance a wider discussion with people that are curious to these themes but physically distant
After the travel
- Re-elaborate the audio material and upload it regularly, as episodes of a podcast .
- As a collaboration with artists met during my travel and Galleria Moitre, the showcase Ristorante Belvedere will host tech-art installations in public spaces in Turin
- A simple scientific experiment with a format (you won’t be bored!) will engage the people met in the travel as well as those who supported me.
Before, during and after
- Build a network of connections to foster future scientific and artistic projects. New ragù sauce for new lasagnas!
Ok, I got it. But who are you??
Do you want to contribute to?
- Here is the link to the web page of the crowdfunding campaign. Any financial support will be enormously appreciated!
- If the theme somehow intrigues you, please write me without overthinking it! email@example.com